My mom used to make this when I was little, and i love it! Its a nice twist on the usualy cronbread. Try it, I think you'll enjoy it. Sorry for the bad directions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup milk (you may need more start with 1/2 cup or try to eye it)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies (a small can will work or to your likeing)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Preheat oven per cornbread package directions.
- 2Fry ground beef and drain.
- 3Mix green chillis into ground beef.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix Jiffy cornbread and mexican cornbread with 2 eggs and cream corn, then add milk starting with about 1/2 cup just enough to mix and have a thick textured batter.
- 5Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mix into a caserole type dish or cake pan, pour ground beef on top of batter and top with both cheeses, then pour remaining batter onto that.
- 6Bake in oven per directions on cornbread package. (About 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes, but keep checking because oven times always vary greatly).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 1041.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican cornbread mix