Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom used to make this when I was little, and i love it! Its a nice twist on the usualy cronbread. Try it, I think you'll enjoy it. Sorry for the bad directions!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk (you may need more start with 1/2 cup or try to eye it)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies (a small can will work or to your likeing)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- Preheat oven per cornbread package directions.
- Fry ground beef and drain.
- Mix green chillis into ground beef.
- In a separate bowl, mix Jiffy cornbread and mexican cornbread with 2 eggs and cream corn, then add milk starting with about 1/2 cup just enough to mix and have a thick textured batter.
- Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mix into a caserole type dish or cake pan, pour ground beef on top of batter and top with both cheeses, then pour remaining batter onto that.
- Bake in oven per directions on cornbread package. (About 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes, but keep checking because oven times always vary greatly).
this is so easy and tastes great good quick to make pantry meal