Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My dad used to make this and it was GREAT!!! My husband and daughter enjoy this and its a pretty popular recipe in our house. This recipe can easily be doubled for potluck dinners or big get togethers. Be sure not to cook the cornbread before you put the mixture on top!!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- Chop bell pepper and set aside.
- Fry ground beef in skillet until cooked add bell pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes and drain excess grease.
- Prepare one package of cornbread mix according to directions.
- Grease a 11x13 pan and pour in cornbread mix.
- Open corn and beans and pour into meat.
- Prepare 2nd package of mix and top meat and veggies mixture.
- Cook in oven 20 minutes.
This was excellent. I did double it. wow made way to much lol . Thanks for the great recipe
Yeeeee Hawwwwww!!! This is great!!! I love the flavor that the ranch beans give this casserole and I used Jiffy cornbread mix which gave it a sweet balance. I used half and half instead of milk for my cornbread and I took NightOwl's suggestion and added an onion plus I added a large jalapeno to the green pepper saute. Of course, I seasoned the veggies with salt and pepper while sauteeing for flavor. This had wonderful flavor and it's very hearty!! Plus, this was very inexpensive to make, the whole huge casserole cost around $7.00 for me!!!! Wonderful, will make again, thanks!!!
This was good,quick,and easy. I did add chopped onion along with the chopped pepper to the meat mixture. I also added about 3/4 t ground cumin and about 1 T chili pepper to the corn/meat/bean mixture for a little extra flavor. I served it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes,and grated cheese. My three teenage boys loved it. They suggested also serving it with black olives and sour cream next time. Will certainly make this in the future.