I seen these cookies made on TV. She used splenda and a lower fat margarine also organic ingredients whenever possible. If using regular shortening, decrease the flour by 1/2 cup and use level teaspoon of baking powder& soda.
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup reduced fat margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (up not level)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (rounded up)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant type)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted almonds or 1 cup nuts, of choice
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream together Splenda and brown sugar with margine; add eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add rolled oats, chocolate chips, nuts and raisins; mix.
- Place cookie dough 1-teaspoon size on greased cookie sheet; bake 375 degrees 12 to 14 minutes.