Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are "BIG COOKIES"....Everyone LOVES them.
- 2 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in large bowl.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add to creamed ingredients.
- Then add in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Dip out by ice cream scoop and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
This product is too day.
These are wonderful! I used walnuts 'cause that's what's in the freezer. These are like the big cookies you get at snack bars only better.