Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Delicious cookies with a little bit of everything - crunchy, chewy... yum! I saw other similar recipes in the database, but none exactly like this. From Canadian Living. I like to add nuts to mine as well, for a cookie packed with stuff!!! If you're not a raisin fan, use dried cranberries, or more nuts and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar (both kinds), until fluffy. Beat in egg & vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in oatmeal, cornflakes, rasins, and chocolate chips, until combined.
- Drop by generous tablespoons, 2" apart, onto parchment paper lined sheets. Bake in 350 oven until edges and tops begin to brown, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool on racks.
As my friends know, I'm as much a fan of raisins as I am of cranberries, & this time around I combined cranberries with the nuts & chocolate chips! Most of these cookies are destined for a cookie give-away here in our park in a couple of days, but I had to get a head-start on these, 'cause I figured (& rightly so!) these would be some of the best tasting ones around! Absolutely wonderful! So comforting! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These are yummy cookies. I liked all the crunch, but I have to admit I'm a bit partial to the first cowboy cookie recipe I ever tried. I did like the cornflakes though, I never would have thought to add those!
I substituted whole wheat pastry flour for the all-purpose flour, Earth Balance, Sugar in the Raw for the white sugar, and a little more than 1/4 cup applesauce for the egg. I chose mini vegan chocolate chips, pecans, and raisins for the add-ons. The end results were so tasty! They were soft, but had a bit of a crunch from the corn flakes (I used Special K, because that's what's in my cupboard at the moment, but same idea). There is no way I could make 3 dozen cookies as what this recipe yields so I did alter it to make a dozen. Although when using my small ice-cream scoop, I ended up with 10. Needless to say they were so perfect I made another batch to send to my Air Force hubby who is away on training till September. I know he will love them! Thanks for the recipe share, Katzen:)