Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Haven't tried these yet, but they look great. From Family Fun Magazine
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, blend the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat until fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry mixture into the butter mixture one half at a time.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, then grease the foil.
- Using a cookie scoop, or ice cream scoop, shape the dough into balls and place them on the sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Use your fingers to flatten each ball to 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake 13 to 14 minutes.
Loved these cookies and so did everyone else who dipped into the cookie jar! They were gone in no time. Guess I'll have to make another batch for DH and me :) Thanks for sharing!