Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 11 mins
Cookie in jars. The perfect gift for the hard to get person.
Make and share this Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk, if mix is dry
- Pour oats into wide-mouth 1 qt glass container with a tight fitting lid.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; place on top of the oats.
- Layer with pecans, chocolate chips, brown sugar and sugar, packing each layer tightly (do not mix).
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine ingredients.
- Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Milk if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased cookie sheeets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.