1/2 Photos of Cowboy Coffee Rubbed Steak W/Fresh Chopped Veggie Salad
The rub for this steak contains espresso and is really tasty. The recipe calls for one larger sirloin steak, but I made this with individual sirloin steaks from Kansas City Steaks, each 4 ounces. This was another gem from the Ellie Krieger show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder (or other chili powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso coffee, finely ground (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs top sirloin steaks, about 1 1/4-inch thick (shoulder center steak aka a Ranch Steak)
For the Grilled Onions
For the Salad
- 1Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat.
- 2In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the rub and coat the steak well on both sides.
- 3Cook steak for about 7 minutes, turning once,then cooking another 7 minures for medium to medium-rare if using a whole piece of steak (or just cook until it is as rare or as cooked through as you prefer your steaks to be).
- 4For the Onions:.
- 5Brush the onion slices with oil and grill over medium heat, until the onions soften and get grill marks, about 6 minutes on each side.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7Allow steak to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 8While steak & onions are cooking, prepare the salad: In a large bowl toss together the red pepper, cucumber, and tomato. Add the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Coffee Rubbed Steak W/Fresh Chopped Veggie Salad
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g