Recipe by Member #610488
Whether you're a cowboy or a city slicker, a spirited cup of joe offers welcome warmth on a snowy day. This coffee bar is perfect for a mid-day break or an evening of desserts.
- 12 cups water
- 2 cups coffee, coarsely ground (dark roast)
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy coffee creamer, powdered
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 10 tablespoons Bourbon
- 10 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping (like cool-whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add coffee grounds to pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand 15 minutes or until coffee grounds sink to bottom of the pot. Pour into another large saucepan through a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine creamer and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Add to pan, stirring with a whisk.
- Serve coffee mixture with bourbon and whipped topping.