Everyone should have a good chili recipe and here's mine!
Make and share this Cowboy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef, garlic and onion over medium heat, stirring until beef is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Stir tomatoes with liquid, broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper into beef mixture.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Add pinto beans and salt.
- Cook stirring, for 15 minutes longer.
- note: The flavor of the chili actually improves once the ingredients blend making this the perfect do-ahead meal.
- Refrigerate chili until ready to use, then reheat over low heat.
Very good chili! Doubled the beans and the chile powder. Instead of hamburger, I had some not-so-tender sirloin so cut in 1 inch cubes then pulsed it in my food processor about 8 times...perfectly delicious! Served with Trader Joe's cornbread.
I made this recipe to the letter except for the chopped onions, I used onion juice, as my DH will not eat anything with onion in it. This chili had a great taste, my DH said it was excellent. I think it was a little too thin, but I'm sure it can be thickened up somehow...