Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry that is loved by young and old alike -- colorful, a nutritional powerhouse, fun to eat, economical and easy to put together.
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (both white and green tops)
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, cooked and well drained
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Whisk together A1 sauce and dressing in a large mixing bowl; add chicken, green onions, beans, corn, tomatoes and walnuts, blending well. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon mixture into each romaine leaf cavity, then top with fresh cilantro or parsley. Yield: 4 main dish servings of 3 leaves each.