Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from Albertsons a long long time ago. I like to cut the chicken in pieces. My advice is make first time just like ingredients and direction say. Then next time you can add more brown sugar to make it sweeter or more mustard to make it tangier. Its the best served over rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared salsa (Chunky Style)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together the salsa, brown sugar, and mustard; pour over the chicken. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until chicken is cooked through. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Serve over Rice.
This is about the easiest chicken recipe there is. It's got a great spicy/tangy flavor to it that we really enjoyed. I did use thighs instead of breasts, and next time I think I'll drain the salsa first because the sauce turned watery in baking. (I used Pace Picante Hot). Very delicious chicken dish though that I will make again! Made for PAC Fall 09.