Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook that came free in the mail (from a cigarette company of all things)!! I modified it slighty, and I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. I do tend to go heavier on the garlic & sometimes add a bit more vinegar than what's called for. It sets real nice if chilled overnight, but if time's an issue, chilling isn't totally necessary. I like to serve it in a bright colored bowl.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained & rinsed well)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, cut
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 -5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn (rinsed well)
- Place all ingredients except corn in a food processor. Process in an on-off manner for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to large bowl & stir in corn manually.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend. Serve with chips, crackers or toast.