Recipe by Kalija
This is delicious served with chips as a dip or served as a side dish on a hot summer day. Go light on the jalapeno at first and add more if needed; I find a lot of variation in the level of "hot". You can also just dice up some pickled jalapeno slices instead. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cilantro, chopped, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl; I just put in a tupperware bowl and give it a good shake to distribute. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors mellow. Serve as a dip with with corn chips or tortilla chips; or serve cold as a side dish or salad.