Recipe by Ruby Toozday
Years ago, my neighbor made this dip and brought it to a party. To be honest, it looked too "healthy" and I avoided it until another neighbor convinced me to try it. Next thing I know, I am hounding Jean to give me the recipe. I took it to a couple church events, and now am "required" to bring it to every party! I have given out this recipe at least 40 times. Seriously.
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped (Use 2 if they are small)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and de-seeded
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the corn, black-eyed peas, avocado, and tomatoes.
- Use a blender to combine the rest of the ingredients into a smooth green puree. Pour over mixture in bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops chips.
- Serving size is 1/3 cup = 2 WW points+.