Recipe by pittgal
Fresh peppers and black eyed peas make this "cowboy" salsa addictive.
Top Review by Clean Plate Club
I think we will be making this a lot! So tasty and pretty healthy too.
I used 1 can of the black-eyed peas and one can of black beans. Also added some frozen corn kernels (@ 1 C) and some chopped fresh cilantro. (@ 1/4 or to taste)
It was a wee bit too vinegary for me so I used 1 TBS more oil and 1 TBS less Vinegar the 2nd time I made it.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- juice of one lime