Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom found this recipe in a magazine article a long time ago. It's become a Christmas Eve and party appetizer favorite. Very easy and delicious.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped olives
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk green onion, chopped
- Mix together topping ingredients.
- Cover and chill for approximately 2 hours.
- Spread softened cream cheese onto a platter in a thin layer.
- Spoon on bean mixture.
- Top with chopped eggs and green onions.
- Great with wheat thins or tortilla chips.
Made the recipe as given, & this very satisfying dip has lasted us for several days now! Thoroughly enjoyable, & I'll definitely make it again in the future! Thanks for posting a nice keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]