Recipe by Halcyon Eve
This is my variation of Cowboy Caviar. My mother got it from a friend, and passed it on to me (thanks, Mom!). It is a favorite with my side of the family, and my in-laws enjoy it very well, too. It makes a pretty big batch, but you'll be surprised at how quickly it vanishes! Avocado will turn brown, so don't make this too far in advance.
Top Review by Ruby Toozday
This is very similar to my recipe... I use Black Eyed Peas instead of the black beans, and add some cilantro too. I am given out my recipe many times, but am still not allowed to go to parties without it... People love it that much!
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- tortilla chips (I prefer Tostitos Scoops)