Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Perfect for kids and adults, nicely spiced with beans, hamburger and salsa makes this the best Tex -Mex potatoes out there. Leftovers heat well for lunch next day.
- 2 (20 ounce) bags Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa (hot, medium or mild to taste)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans nacho cheese soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until completely cooked. Drain beef and return to skillet. Crumble beef well and add beans, salsa and soup. Mix well.
- Place potatoes in bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. Pour beef mixture over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake for 10 -15 minutes or until potatoes are done and heated through.
I`m giving this dish three stars because it is easy to make and made a lot. We halved the recipe and still got four servings. My family didn't care for the flavors. I Might try it again but substitute canned chopped tomatos and chilies for the salsa.