Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet again, another recipe I want to try that I found in my TOH magazine. It is a quick all in one pan meal!! Double or triple the recipe for larger gatherings. Here is what the auther stated “This quick and creamy Tater Tot bake is great comfort food, especially on a cold night.” —Donna Donhauser, Remsen, New York.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
- Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
I tagged this initially because it was for two, and its just me and DS right now and this recipe sounded like something he would enjoy. However, after looking at the amount of meat, I decided to double it, thinking there would be a lunch portion left for him tomorrow that I could photograph. On the plus side, this recipe went over very well with him, and he ate 3 servings and I ate one. So, unfortunately, there is nothing to photograph in the daylight tomorrow! This is not gourmet fare, but it is very easy to make, quick and satisfying. I used mini tater-tots, and they were the perfect bite size for each fork full. So easy after a long day at work, and very well received! Thanks for posting! Made for 123 Hits Tag!
Very easy, and tasty. We couldn't find tater tots, so we used potato crowns...they are round discs, a little larger than checkers. Doubled the recipe to serve three, and we have about one quarter of it for leftovers. Definitely a do-over in our house!
I was just checking to see if someone beat me to posting this -- and you did! :) I actually made this a few months back when my little guy was a newborn baby and DH & I needed a good homemade meal after a few sleepless nights. ;) This was perfection! We actually got 4 LARGE servings out of it, but it was so good we didn't complain. Thanks for posting it!!