Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another from the Fix it and Forget It cookbook. I've modified it a bit to fit our tastes. Easy & cheap!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, brown, drain, &, rinse
- 6 medium russet potatoes, washed &, sliced, do not peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (I like Ancho)
- Layer onions, ground beef, potatoes, garlic and beans in slow cooker in that order.
- Mix your diced tomatoes& flour in a separate bowl.
- I like to take my immersion blender to it, kids don't like tomato chunks.
- Pour tomato mixture over top of things in pot and sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- Cover& cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until potatoes are done (the thinner the faster).
This is good, sort of like a chili with potatoes. Added some salt to taste and a little more chili powder. Blending the tomatoes is a great tip. Quick and easy dinner. Thanks.