Recipe by ICook4danny&Puddin
This is out of Betty Crocker Bisquick weeknight meals October 2005. This is so good--try it with the country bush's baked beans or the honey bush's baked beans it turns out great but different with either one. Cattlemens is the choice barbecue sauce to use in the flavor of your choice, or another good thick flavorful barbecue sauce
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Easy and good! A great option for a weeknight meal, using stuff that you're likely to have around - or like I did - can easily make. I used my own Recipe #296753 and for the topping, I used Recipe #170074. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces baked beans, 1 can
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir baked beans and barbecue sauce into beans heat to boiling while stirring, pour into sprayed 2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, and butter until dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook about 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted (I like to let the cheese get a little crisp).