Recipe by Sassy in da South
A different take on the original hamburger. If you like you can prepare with 1/2 beef and 1/2 sausage mixture. Use salsa that you prefer, mild, medium, or hot.
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons red onions, Diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- 4 -8 slices cheese, Your Favorite
- 4 -5 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine sausage, salsa, onions, cilantro, and seasonings.
- Form into 4-5 long oval patties, depending on the size desired.
- Over a medium heat on grill, cook burgers on each side until done (no longer pink in middle), about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt cheese if desired over top before serving.
- Serve on Kaiser rolls, with salsa or your favorite condiments.