1/1 Photo of Cowboy Breakfast Casserole
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Breakfast comes early so I assemble this casserole the night before and pop in the oven in the morning while I inhale my coffee! This was designed for my meat and potatoes only cowboy BUT you can add anything to it in the meat layer. Very very adaptable and cheap!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9x13 greased pan with 8 slices of bread and top with half of the cheese.
- 2Sprinkle meat over cheese. You could also use any other type of meat you prefer. Turkey bacon cooked and crumbled is good too!
- 3Mix eggs, milk or sour cream or yogurt, ground mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl until well blended and pour over cheese.
- 4Top with the rest of the cheese and 8 more slices of bread, pressing down so the egg bubbles up and moistens it a little.
- 5Spray top of bread with butter flavored cooking spray or spread with a little butter covering the whole surface of the bread.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the middle of casserole looks cooked. Knife inserted in middle will come out with melted cheese but not with ‘wet’ egg when done.
- 7Note: Like I said I made this recipe up for my meat and taters cowboy but you can add mushrooms, onions, green pepper etc. if desired. Just throw it into the meat layer.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.0
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 301.7 mg
- Sodium 1830.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g