I had my first taste of this while working as a volunteer at a local state park during a pioneer reenactment day. A gentleman was cooking it and handing out small samples. It was so good, I had to ask for the recipe. He told me - sausage, frozen hash browns, eggs and cheese, all cooked in one pot. I couldn't have asked for a simpler, more filling and delicious meal. I've wanted to post it for a while, but I wanted to make it for someone special first. It's also a good campfire recipe. Leftovers reheat well. I usually make this for my son and I, but I have made it for 6. We used 9 eggs and could easily have used the 11 available. All amounts are variable according to personal preferance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat in large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add frozen hash browns and stir occasionally, until potatoes are cooked (they will not turn brown).
- 3Break eggs into bowl and stir with fork to mix well.
- 4Add eggs to meat and hash brown mixture and stir until eggs are done. (Continuous stirring will also help keep everything from sticking to the bottom of the pot).
- 5Sprinkle shredded cheese over the mixture if desired and stir in until it melts.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.1
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 717.3 mg
- Sodium 863.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 43.1 g