1/1 Photo of Cowboy Bread
KAS in MN's Note:
This recipe comes from the public schools in my hometown. It was a favorite both at school and home. My own kids love it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shortening, flour, salt, and sugar.
- 2Mix until crumbly.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle over batter.
- 4Combine leavening and spices and add to larger amount of crumbly mixture.
- 5Add eggs and buttermilk and mix well.
- 6Pour batter into greased 9x13 inch oblong pan.
- 7Sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture and additional cinnamon.
- 8Bake in 375 degree oven 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 203.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g