Recipe by bullwinkle
I have had this recipe for so long I don't remember where I got it from. Times are a guess. The number of biscuits depends on how large you make yours. I usually get between 18-20 biscuits
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift 4 cups of flour into a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour.
- Mix and sift into hole 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix yeast with the 3 tablespons of warm water.
- Then pour buttermilk, oil and yeast mixture into the same hole as sifted mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cover tightly and let stand in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Pinch off balls of dough the size you want your biscuit to be and place into a greased pan.
- Bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes.
- The recipe states that the dough will keep 5-6 days in the refrigerator. I cook all of the dough the same day so I don't know how well it keeps.