Recipe by SweetsLady
We got this from a TOH magazine and my daughter made it. It was wonderful with chips and also on top of baked potatoes, too! We made it without the olives and peppers due to personal preference and added in some extra cheese, too.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Left out the olives, and substituted regular ground beef, instead of lean ground beef, and we chose to use mild salsa. Use with the frito scoop chips and turned out to be a great snack last night. Very tasty and flavorful. Made for PRMR tag..
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons sweet red peppers, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped and divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can nacho cheese soup, undiluted (Here is the link to the cream soups that I use from my good friend Arlene ( Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons ripe olives, sliced and divided
- 4 tablespoons pimento stuffed olives, sliced and divided
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook beef, 3 T. onion, 2 T. red pepper, and 1 T. green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, 3 T. each of the olives, chilies, jalapeno, oregano, and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish. Top with cheese, sour cream, and parsley. Sprinkle with remaining onion, peppers, and olives. Serve with tortilla chips.