- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml long grain white rice, uncooked
- 177.44 ml water, plus
- 29.58 ml water
- 3.69 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 425.24 g can pinto beans (I used black eye peas)
- 326.01 g tomato juice
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies (undrained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat and onions in skillet, stirring to brown and crumble meat, drain off any grease.
- Combine meat mixture, rice water, chili powder, salt, beans, tomato juice & chili peppers; stir well.
- Pour in to a 3-quart casserole dish,.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Stir and cover and bake again for and additional 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.