1/1 Photo of Cowboy Beans & Rice
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Had this recipe since 1993 first time making it. Hubby really liked it! Not spicy at all, but for those that want more zing it would be easy to kick it up a notch or two!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook meat and onions in skillet, stirring to brown and crumble meat, drain off any grease.
- 2Combine meat mixture, rice water, chili powder, salt, beans, tomato juice & chili peppers; stir well.
- 3Pour in to a 3-quart casserole dish,.
- 4Cover and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- 5Stir and cover and bake again for and additional 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Beans & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 344.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 21.0 g