Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was wanting my baked bean recipe which is posted here and I didn't have any bacon, but I did have some leftover sausage. This is the result. If you like, you can finish this on the stovetop, just cover and turn heat to medium low and simmer for the same length of time as baking. Submitted to "Zaar" on August 1st, 2006.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage, roll type, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a 10 inch oven proof skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until both are lightly browned.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add rest of ingredients, stirring well.
- Place into a preheated 350ºF oven, for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
This is comfort food for me! This made a delicious meal that hit the spot. I used smoked turkey sausage and a few slices of bacon that I needed to use up. Also used a whole grain mustard. Yum! Thanks shapeweaver!
Very tasty beans - the brand of beans I used were quite sweet on their own so I cut the sugar to 1 tbsp. I used a smoked spicy sausage-result was a very tasty dinner. All I was missing was the campfire and the cowboy seranading Thanks for posting shapeweaver