Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was wanting my baked bean recipe which is posted here and I didn't have any bacon, but I did have some leftover sausage. This is the result. If you like, you can finish this on the stovetop, just cover and turn heat to medium low and simmer for the same length of time as baking. Submitted to "Zaar" on August 1st, 2006.
Top Review by Divalicious *808*
This is comfort food for me! This made a delicious meal that hit the spot. I used smoked turkey sausage and a few slices of bacon that I needed to use up. Also used a whole grain mustard. Yum! Thanks shapeweaver!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage, roll type, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup