Recipe by CindiJ
This is a recipe from a neighbor of our when I was a little girl. She was a great cook and I remember her being thrilled to find out these did great in the newest kitchen appliance, the Crock Pot! There are several recipes close, but this is Thelma's.
Top Review by Leslie N.
These are the best Cowboy Beans I have ever had. I had never eaten butter beans before this recipe and they are AMAZING! They give the recipe what sets it apart from the others.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans, drained
- 1 (51 ounce) can pork and beans (juice and all)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, crumbled
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper (your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses