Recipe by Dienia B.
Carol brought these to work. It really jazzes up pork and beans. She had them in the slow cooker.
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful beans/meal!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe for lunch and also for DS to have before going to his night classes. I knew I would enjoy these beans as it is very similar to my own baked beans. I loved the addition of the ground beef to the recipe to make this more of a meal in one pan. I love kidney beans, but wasn't crazy for them in this recipe, too sweet for them for my tastes, so will leave them out next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional)