Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made this for my mom's birthday. It was gone so quick I thought maybe I forgot to bring it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x5in loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture and milk.
- Place 1/3 batter in a small bowl.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Pour 1/2 of vanilla batter into pan.
- Spoon 5 dollops of chocolate batter on top.
- Pour remaining vanilla batter on top.
- Spoon remaining chocolate batter on top.
- Using a butter knife, swirl batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then frost.
This tasted lovely. I didn't have any lemon extract (I used more lemon juice) so it probably wasn't as lemony as it should have been but it still tasted good.
This was great! I wouldnt use as much chocolate next time, maybe 1.5 tablespoons. But it was delicious!