Recipe by mel johnson
Not really pies made with actual cows, but a whole lot better!
Top Review by chef FIFI
Excellent! I doubled the recipe and made bigger pies so I had a lesser quantity. I added less than called for coconut, and used peanuts instead of almonds. I think the coconut adds that extra kick. Next time I will add more coconut. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in raisins, almonds and coconut, mixing well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a foil, waxed paper or plastic wrap lined baking sheet. Chill until ready to serve.