Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old recipe that was handed down to me from an old friend some 25 years ago...My family always ask for this and I am putting here for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 lb ground sirloin, cooked crumbled and drained and let cool
- tortilla chips
- Mix cream cheese & sour cream together until smooth. Spread on a large platter. Sprinkle 1/2 of the package of taco seasoning mix over top. Take crumbled cooked ground beef and sprinkle over top of cream cheese layer. Take chopped vegetables and mix in bowl. Layer over beef. Sprinkle rest of taco seasoning mix over top. Layer chedder cheese next. Then 1 tablespoon of sour cream in middle of top. Sprinkle with black olives. Chill at least 1/2 hour. Serve with chips for dipping.
Wow!! DH was puzzled when I told him the name of what we were having for a Sat night late snack! But he ended up loving this pie, as did I!! There is just the two of us and it lasted us all through Sunday. We were actually sad when the very last bit was eaten. This is on our "keeper" list! Thanks for sharing. silly sally