Recipe by stephenahancock
Slider or small hamburger . Size of White Castle or Crystal. I adapted this from a tailgate recipe posted by C&C tailgate party in Dallas Texas. I think it works better as a slider but the original recipe is good.
Directions See How It's Made
- Don’t be intimidated this is easy to master and will be requested often.
- In a large bowl mix thoroughly.
- 1 ½ lb of ground beef – I love chuck but round or sirloin brings a little less fat to the grill.
- ½ lb chorizo – needs to be raw. Our local GS makes a nice chorizo but not always available in which case I use a cheap Mexican brand. De-case and break in small pieces.
- ½ finely diced onion – I use sweet.
- 8 butter crackers (RITZ, Waverly, etc.)- finely crushed.
- 1 large egg.
- Cut wax paper to fit a medium cookie sheet and spread hamburger mixture across pan with hand.
- Roll evenly to fit pan – I use an old glass pickle jar I have saved for such purposes.
- Important key is to cut mixture with a pizza cutter. 2 cuts long, 3 cuts wide makes 12 patties.
- Place in freezer. If cooking immediately remove after ½ hour. For future use wait 2 hours, snap patties apart and store. I thaw in the fridge before use. Never let hamburger patties get warm before cooking.
- These cook as well in a skillet as on a grill. About 5 minutes on each side. They are thin and shrink.
- They make a lot of smaller hamburger buns for sliders now. If you can’t find them, larger dinner rolls work. Topping can vary just don’t over power the burger. I love cheese and a havarti or Muenster works well. I always provide grilled onions, sweet peppers & jalapeño. Mayo, a mild mustard and lettuce is a must.