Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband apparently named these when he was about 5. They are one of his favorite foods.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon. Mix well.
- Form meat mixture into 6 patties. Be sure they are not very thick.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each patty. Secure bacon with tooth picks.
- Place in greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- Don't forget to remove tooth picks before serving.
Wonderful moist "cow patties". The neighbors little girl just loved the name and we all loved the dish. I followed the instructions only adding some fresh minced garlic and baking just a little longer. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This one is good 'ol home cookin' the quick, easy and tasty way. Really good! I sauteed them rather than baking, took about the same length of time.
I mixed these up after church today. They were nice and moist and with the bacon on them, oh they were so good! I baked mine on an air-bake sheet pan. So when I checked then after 30 minutes you could see they were not done. SO back in over for another 10 there getting there but still pretty moist. So back in for another 15. Okay now they were ready to eat. Thank you for sharing I had fun making your recipes. Made for PAC fall 2006