Recipe by Nessa, Texas Housewife
My husband apparently named these when he was about 5. They are one of his favorite foods.
Top Review by mama smurf
Wonderful moist "cow patties". The neighbors little girl just loved the name and we all loved the dish. I followed the instructions only adding some fresh minced garlic and baking just a little longer. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon. Mix well.
- Form meat mixture into 6 patties. Be sure they are not very thick.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each patty. Secure bacon with tooth picks.
- Place in greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- Don't forget to remove tooth picks before serving.