Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Ok, NOW I'm hungry.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef (good quality)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 large onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cut meat into one-inch cubes.
- Mix spices (the ingredients listed from paprika up to and including the bouillon cubes) in a bowl with water until mixture is runny.
- Cut onions into quarters and fry with butter until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add spices to onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add meat and mix well. Add salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour boiling water to just below level of meat, cover, and simmer for at least four hours.
- Add 2 bay leaves 2 hours before eating.
- Mix cornstarch with warm water and add to curry about 1/2 hour before eating to thicken sauce.