Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the Sneaky Chef Cookbook by Missy Chase Lapiine, this is a hidden purse full of sneaky nutriton!
- 12 (72 inch) flour whole grain tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 59.14-118.29 ml orange puree (My Take on Sneaky Orange Puree)
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (or 12 slices American cheese)
- 29.57 ml extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all 12 tortillas on a work surface and spread 1-2 teaspoons of orange puree on each and every tortilla, being careful to keep puree away from the edges(leave about 1" border so that it doesn't ooze out during cooking).
- Add about 1/2 cup shredded cheese(or 2 cheese slices) to the center of only 6 of the tortillas and cover with the remaining tortillas to make 6 sandwiches.
- Heat 1 teaspoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Place one quesadilla in the heated skillet and cook until the underside is lightly browned and cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes. Gently flip quesadilla and cook until the other side is golden, another 2-3 minutes. Add another teaspoon of oil and repeat with each of the remaining quesadillas.
- Stack finished quesadillas on a plate with a paper towel between each sandwich to absorb excess oil. Allow to cool for a few mintues, then cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.