Adapted from the Sneaky Chef Cookbook by Missy Chase Lapiine, this is a hidden purse full of sneaky nutriton!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all 12 tortillas on a work surface and spread 1-2 teaspoons of orange puree on each and every tortilla, being careful to keep puree away from the edges(leave about 1" border so that it doesn't ooze out during cooking).
- 2Add about 1/2 cup shredded cheese(or 2 cheese slices) to the center of only 6 of the tortillas and cover with the remaining tortillas to make 6 sandwiches.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Place one quesadilla in the heated skillet and cook until the underside is lightly browned and cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes. Gently flip quesadilla and cook until the other side is golden, another 2-3 minutes. Add another teaspoon of oil and repeat with each of the remaining quesadillas.
- 4Stack finished quesadillas on a plate with a paper towel between each sandwich to absorb excess oil. Allow to cool for a few mintues, then cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Covert Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 709.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: