Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is an appetizer recipe to use with Scoop corn chips. This can be a main dish to be served over rice with the addition of margarine or butter and one cup sour cream. This is a great main dish with scoopers alone without the rice and serve with fresh veggies.
- 2 (453.59 g) cancove oysters, drained
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml lime garlic picante sauce
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Optional for Main Dish
- 118.29 ml margarine (optional)
- 946.36-1419.54 ml hot cooked rice (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In fry pan add olive oil, drained cove oysters, sauté and toss on medium to high heat. Add chopped onions and lime garlic picante sauce with sour cream. Heat quickly. Stir and serve warm or cold.
- Add one cup sour cream if you don't like it too spicy. Mix sour cream with the picante sauce first before adding to the sautéed oysters and chopped onions. Stir in gently so you don't break up the oysters.
- You can use any tortilla chips, but corn scoops are good. This is good also as a main dish without rice. People who do not like oysters like this dish. The lime garlic picante is just the right sauce for it.
- For Main Dish:.
- Mix margarine with hot cooked rice.
- Add sauce with sour cream and mix well. Or pour sauce over the top of the rice.