Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
- 4 -5 bunches collard greens (or kale)
- butter (use 1/2 tablespoon for every cup of shredded collards)
- Wash the collard greens.
- Remove the stems and roll the leaves tightly together.
- Slice into very thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Just before serving, melt the butter and add collard greens.
- Cook over high heat stirring constantly until collard greens just start to wilt.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Sorry, but the greens are still very bitter.
Next time, I'll just omit the collard greens, and perhaps pour the melted butter over sliced carrots instead. File the recipe under "O" for "Okra".
I would like to make a comment on this recipe.Couve is agreen cultivated only in Brazil, that I know of and can not be substituted by any other green no matter what anyone say. Couve is very mild in taste and not bitter at all as was said by one of the reviewers. You can even have it in salad without cooking.