Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here is a simple yet flavorful idea that uses leftovers and creates a new dish that can feed two or more... #NOTE: my recipe for couscous skillet paella is included...
- 6 -9 six inch flour tortillas
- 2 -3 cups spanish-flavor couscous (I used leftover couscous skillet paella#)
- 1 (10 ounce) can kidney beans
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 6 black olives
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 lb 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 20 frozen shrimp (defrosted and shells removed)
- 1⁄2 cup spicy sausage (sliced to bite size)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen julienned bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 cups bouillon
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous
- snipped fresh parsley
- Mix leftover paella and kidney beans, cover, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and avocado.
- Place each item in separate individual serving bowls.
- Also place sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and salsa in separate individual serving bowls.
- Remove reheated paella mixture from oven, place in a serving bowl.
- Cover tortillas (I recommend at least three 6 inch or two 10 inch per person) with a paper towel on top and bottom and heat in microwave.
- Place platter on a table and do the buffet thing with each person filling the tortilla using their own choice of ingredients.
- #Instructions for my Couscous Skillet Paella recipe.
- # In a large skillet on medium heat, brown the chicken in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- # Mix in the shrimp, onion, bell peppers, garlic, turmeric, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne, and paprika.
- # Continue to cook until onions are slightly translucent.
- # Add the chicken stock and tomatoes.
- # Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for approximately more 10 minutes.
- # Stir in couscous, turn off heat, cover, and let stand for about 5 – 7 minutes longer.
- # Uncover, stir, and sprinkle with parsley.