Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
When my nephews and niece were young, they came to visit during the Summer. Some Summers there were only 2 of them, but once all 7 were here. I loved cooking for them. They especially liked "Cousin's Week Pie" This is the richest desert I know, a pie serves 16! You might even want to ask your physician if he would approve a slice for you, or perhaps, a half slice.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (soft)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce can, Eagle brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust:.
- Mix first 3 ingredients until crumbly and press into 2 10" pie pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Make filling:.
- Mix together in a sauce pan, the melted butter, condensed milk, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Stir over low heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 4 minutes only.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Let cool.
- Make topping:.
- Melt together chocolate squares with the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Pour over the two pies.
- When cool, slice each pie into 16 pieces.