Recipe by Mara232
My cousin shared this wonderful recipe with me - it is very hearty and perfect for the fall weather. red peppers are in abundance and this makes the perfect meal!! Healthy and Hearty!!!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml baby carrots, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 red peppers, roasted
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 28 fluid ounce plum tomatoes (canned)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast red peppers in oven, peel skins and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sautee onions, carrots and garlic in olive oil over med heat until soft.
- Increase heat to med-high. Add veg stock and can of tomatoes (juice and all).
- Add all other ingredients(peppers, potatoes, plum tomatoes, soup stock) and bring to boil, continue to cook over medium boil until potatoes break apart when pierced with fork.
- Add salt (approx 1tsp) at some point before finishing, I like to add fresh ground pepper too. Just season to your preference. Remove from heat.
- Put soup in blender and blend until pureed and smooth.