1/1 Photo of Cousin Tina's Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
My cousin shared this wonderful recipe with me - it is very hearty and perfect for the fall weather. red peppers are in abundance and this makes the perfect meal!! Healthy and Hearty!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast red peppers in oven, peel skins and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- 2In a large pot, sautee onions, carrots and garlic in olive oil over med heat until soft.
- 3Increase heat to med-high. Add veg stock and can of tomatoes (juice and all).
- 4Add all other ingredients(peppers, potatoes, plum tomatoes, soup stock) and bring to boil, continue to cook over medium boil until potatoes break apart when pierced with fork.
- 5Add salt (approx 1tsp) at some point before finishing, I like to add fresh ground pepper too. Just season to your preference. Remove from heat.
- 6Put soup in blender and blend until pureed and smooth.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cousin Tina's Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: