My cousin shared this wonderful recipe with me - it is very hearty and perfect for the fall weather. red peppers are in abundance and this makes the perfect meal!! Healthy and Hearty!!!
- Roast red peppers in oven, peel skins and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sautee onions, carrots and garlic in olive oil over med heat until soft.
- Increase heat to med-high. Add veg stock and can of tomatoes (juice and all).
- Add all other ingredients(peppers, potatoes, plum tomatoes, soup stock) and bring to boil, continue to cook over medium boil until potatoes break apart when pierced with fork.
- Add salt (approx 1tsp) at some point before finishing, I like to add fresh ground pepper too. Just season to your preference. Remove from heat.
- Put soup in blender and blend until pureed and smooth.