This is a wondeful recipe for Dukkah = an Egyption nut dip that my cousin Pete gave me - eat it with bread dipped in olive oil... don't hesitate to try this, you won't be dissapointed :) Brilliant ice-breaking starter for a crowd.
- Roast the almonds, the sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, coriander and cumin seeds until lightly toasted and beginning to express oil.
- Allow to cool and combine well with the salt and pepper.
- Put the whole almonds into a food processor first and whiz briefly to reduce their size.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse lightly until it is coarse and chunky (you don't want to reduce it to a mash).
- Tear off a strip of bread, dip it into the olive oil, then into your dukkah mix -- heavenly !